If you are one of the people who think that you are perfectly secured online, it is high time to reconsider. According to a survey carried out in 2014, about 40 per cent of the people regard their online presence somewhat secure. Even so, this percentage definitely leaves some room for improvement.
This is where the free PC hacks that we have gathered here come to enhance your online presence and help you to remain safe and secured while surfing the web. Let’s have a look at what you can do, without even having to spend a single dollar!
- Don’t Forget Free Anti-Virus: It is true that there are some decent anti-virus programs that you can use. Never underestimate the value of having an anti-virus program running on your device and detecting everything that emerges along the way.
- Make Use of Encryption: Encryption allows you to share data, without losing your sleep and wondering whether or not your personal information will become leverage to someone else. With the proper tools, you can get free encryption of advanced quality that remains unbroken and saves you from unnecessary troubles.
- Enable Spam Blockers and IP Blocks: In order for you to enjoy social media and all websites to the fullest, it is crucial that you apply the right kind of spam filters and IP blocking tools. These can be found free of charge and help you avoid all the spam mails and attachments sent over to you online.
- DNS Lookup Tools: If you are serious about keeping all hazards at bay, you can go ahead with using free DNS lookup tools against DNS poisoning. So, you will make sure to have the proper defense that leads to minimized risk from hackers who choose such harmful techniques.
- Choose User Account Control Software: There are times when unauthorized access can result in really devastating effects. In avoidance of such negative consequences, requesting administrator approval prior to completing a process online can be proven really handy. Use the administrator account from time to time and schedule everything, so as to meet your personalized needs and enhance your security.
- Use a VPN Service Provider: This is similar to the use of encryption for getting great results in the field of online security. With the use of a VPN, you can hide behind any IP address and rest assured that nobody spots your true digital footprint. This is the alpha and the omega of online security.
- Keep Your Software Up-to-Date: Last but not least, you ought to make sure that you have got the latest version of your software. This is critical, as it allows you to have all the patches and the security alerts that have been found over time. Otherwise, you can harm your computer with a sort of virus that has already been dealt with.
Keep all these pieces of information in mind and allow yourself to surf the web freely, without any hesitation or worry whatsoever!