The 2015 Ruby World Cup kicked off in September and the iTV streaming channel will be broadcasting all 48 games for free in the UK. Although these are good news for the UK residents who are fans of rugby, it is not that good for those living in countries like US, Canada, Australia, France and South Africa as the geo-restriction policy which is applied does not allow streaming from these countries.
There is no need to worry though as you can use either VPN or Smart DNS proxy and manage to bypass the geo-restriction and watch the entire Rugby world cup for free.
Free Rugby World Cup 2015 streaming using VPN
The iTV streaming service simply reads your IP address then gets the information on where you are connecting from, so if it’s not a UK IP address that you’re using, your connection is being blocked. You can change your IP address and get a UK one, using the following procedure:
- Sign up with a VPN provider of your choice. It’s best to pick a provider that is offering fast UK based servers.
- Download the app from the provider’s portal and install it on your device (PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad or Android).
- Execute the app and select a UK VPN server from the list.
- Now open iTV and start watching the Rugby World Cup.
Free Rugby World Cup 2015 streaming using Smart DNS
This is another method for bypassing the regional restrictions set by various streaming providers. Although it does not change your own IP address, it will redirect your traffic via specific DNS servers. Here’s how to setup Smart DNS in order to unblock access to iTV if you are living outside of UK.
- Create a free Unlocator account.
- Configure the unlocator’s DNS settings on your router or your streaming device (PC, Mac, iPhone, PS3 or Smart TV).
- Unblock access to iTV and start watching the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
One more info that will come handy to you is that Unlocator can help you unblock more than 200 geo-restricted streaming channels.
If you are interested in finding out which are all the streaming channels that offer the Rugby World Cup, then here it is:
- iTV (UK)
- Super Sport (South Africa)
- Eurosport (Europe)
- Sky Sports (Italy)
- Universal Sports (US)
- Nine Network (Australia)
So, all you need to know is included in this article.
Study it, then proceed with the method of your choice for streaming the 2015 Rugby World Cup (VPN or Smart DNS).